Do you want to increase the search presence of your business and drive more traffic to your business? Of course, you do; local SEO (search engine optimization) is a must-have to increase your search presence and grow your business in 2022.
What is local SEO
Local SEO is all about performing certain methods to increase local search traffic to your business, whether you run brick-and-mortar business with physical locations, like a grocery store or dentist’s office, or service-area businesses that operate throughout certain areas, like an electrician or house cleaning company.
In this post, we’ll talk about the importance of local SEO and the process of setting up a Google my business account.
Before moving ahead, let’s take a look at some essential local SEO statistics:
- 76 percent of people who look for a nearby business on their smartphones visit them within a day.
- According to a study by Forbes, 95% of smartphone users have used their device to perform mobile searches for local businesses, out of which 61% called the business, and 59% visited.
- 67 percent of consumers say that they research most services online before shopping for them in brick-and-mortar stores.
What is Google My Business?
“Google my business (GMB) is a free tool that allows you to promote your Business Profile and business website on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile, and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google. ” – Credit Google.
Benefits of Local SEO
Local SEO can help your business in so many ways. Here are some points explaining the importance of local SEO:
Targeted traffic: The main benefit of local SEO is it helps to generate targeted traffic. To get the best out of any marketing strategy, it is essential to drive targeted traffic. Local search engine optimization helps you do just that.
Convert online searches into offline purchases: Another advantage of local SEO is a catalyst to convert online searches into offline purchases. Before making a purchase, your potential customers are more likely to search for service for home care services online. With local SEO, you can get top rankings and convert more visitors into actual customers.
Amazing ROI (return on investment): Local SEO has an amazing ROI. To set up your local SEO, The cost is $0 to get started. You aren’t required to spend any money, and you don’t have to be tech-savvy to get started. (View my full post on SEO for home care agencies)
Enhanced business visibility on Google Maps
Setting up a Google My Business account is a crucial factor in local SEO. Setting up a GMB account won’t just help your business get visibility on local search results; it will also provide business visibility on Google Maps. This way, your potential customers and prospects can reach the physical location without hassle.
This is the most crucial part of local SEO because Google is the largest search engine globally. According to stats, Google processes over 3.5 billion searches per day. Out of all Google searches, 46% are looking for local information. If your business is not listed on Google, you will be missing out on so much business.
How To Set up Google My Business Account?
- First off, you will require a Google account. If you don’t have one already, create one.
- Head over to google.com/business and click ‘Manage Now.’
- Now, it will ask you to enter your business name. After entering your business name, you need to enter the address of your business location.
- Next, you will be asked to enter service areas. Specifying service areas will let Google show your business in those areas.
- The next important point that comes in the process is choosing the business category. This step will create an impact on what search terms your business appears in Google.
- Adding a contact phone number and website URL is not compulsory, but entering these two will help you improve your GMB listing.
- After completing all the above steps, you are all set. Now, you need to verify your business. For verification, you get three options – postcard verification, phone verification, and email verification.
Note: You can not use a P.O box. If you attempt to use a P.O box Google might pause your GMB Account until further notice.
These are the basic steps you need to perform to set up your Google My Business account. For best practices for local SEO and to improve your GMB listing, you are required to add photos, videos, use Google My Business Q&As, create Google My Business posts, and gather genuine reviews.
The goal with your local SEO is to become a “go-to business in your area.” Just think about the last time you searched for somewhere to dine… You might not recognize it, but you subconsciously (or consciously) look for reviews, nice images, and the hours each business is open. Now, put yourself In the shoes of someone searching for your home care services…
Need help setting up a google my business account? Schedule a phone call today and have us set it up for you!